Wednesday 30 July 2008

Without Particular Skill

Mostly this post is an excuse to toss up one of my favourite videos ever, but I think it is also worth talking about the fact that there really are different classes of adventurers.

I am not spectacularly badass. My mountain biking is tame, my skiing doesn’t deserve someone’s time to record it, and I’ve never been on a surfboard. I therefore am not the type of adventurer who can grab my gear, stare death in the face, and produce a YouTube hit as a reward for my efforts.

I’m the sort that takes an unconventional and potentially ill advised trip. Unlike ski expeditions and surf trips, there is no lack of experience excuse for this type of rough and tumble travel adventure. It’s the type of fun that nearly anyone could have; all it takes is a bit of money and guts. So what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment